- Can I eat before the test?
No, you may not eat or drink anything after midnight preceding the procedure.
- Should I take my normal medicines on the day of the test?
- When should I arrive before the test?
You will be instructed to arrive two hours prior to the scheduled test.
- Should my family come with me?
Yes. They will wait for you in your room.
- Will I be able to speak with the cardiologist before the test?
Yes. This will enable you to discuss the procedure and
ask whatever questions you might have prior to
signing the consent form for the test.
- Can I have a urinary catheter for the test?
If needed, yes.
- Will I be sedated for the test?
Yes, but you will be awake.
- Do I need an IV?
Yes. It will allow you to be given needed medicines.
- What can you tell me about the IV dye?
The clear dye contains iodine, which makes the dye visible on x-ray. Your kidneys will remove the dye later.
- What can you tell me about the x-ray exposure?
Your x-ray exposure will be minor.